Sunday, December 19, 2010

Make beer, not _____ ...



 Fill in the blank.

I've apparently created both.  The "Mexican Creveza Lager" aka: "Corona Clone" lagered great this fall.  It turned out so well that I chose to bottle it instead of keg it, so I could share with friends.

When bottling, I added the requisite 3/4 cup of corn sugar.  The brew had been through so many mishaps and frozen-carboy adventures that I decided the yeast was probably either dead or mostly-dead, so I added fresh yeast.
beer bottle exploding:)


Apparently I was right about the yeast being dead.  My theory is that a lot of unfermented sugars have suddenly fermented along with the 3/4 cup corn sugar.  Several of these have exploded after 3-4 weeks of aging.  They're sitting in the garage now, chillin' like little exploding villains.  On the bright side, it's carbonated well!

No comments:

Post a Comment