Thursday, December 16, 2010

How the pepper beer turned out...

I turned the American Wheat brew into a pepper beer, as mentioned in this post.  I ended up priming and bottling it about three weeks ago.

It tastes like flowers.  No, not like hops, the good kind of flowers.  The bad kind like your grandmother's house.  When I blogged about adding cinnamon and vanilla beans to the mixture, I had thought they would impart little if any flavor to the beer.  To the contrary, they were way too much and ended up mixing with the peppers in such a way that the beer smells and tastes like a fresh bouquet of flowers.

On the bright side, some people apparently like that taste.  I brought some over to family members and they liked it, so I left my entire supply there!  As a future brewing note, test any spice combinations before adding them to your brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment